Making a movie for your loved ones, friends, or family members is now an easy job when you carry one of the best movie maker software on your PC. Even if you have short movie clips or songs to insert, a good video editing tool can surely be your right bond. This is why, we are discussing some smart movie makers for Windows 10 that help you with making cute or professional videos at the same time. Are you ready? Keep scrolling!
- Windows Movie Maker For Mac
- Microsoft Windows Movie Maker Free Download
- Windows Movie Maker Free Download For Laptop
- Windows Movie Maker Free Download For Mac Os
- Windows Movie Maker Free Download For Mac Windows 7
- Windows Movie Maker Free Download For Mac Windows 10
How To Decide The Best Movie Maker Software For Windows?
From the first scene to the last. Whether you’re using a Mac or an iOS device. Movie Maker 10 - the Best Selling video editor on Microsoft Store What's new in this version New features in version 2.8.x: - Multi-line text overlay - Time-lapse quick tool added to make time-lapse videos - Visual Effects quick tool added with 10+ effects like: fireworks, bubbles.
- A good movie maker software is easy to understand and use, be it for a beginner or an expert.
- It must consist of additional tools like effects, text, animations, etc. The addition of images or videos should be easy alongside.
- It must be capable of adding your favorite music at the backend while you can edit, trim, merge or throw effects in it.
These are the basics a good movie maker for Windows 10 shall contain. Let’s find out the features in the listicle below.
Best Movie Maker Software
1. MiniTool Movie Maker
This movie maker for Windows 10 is such a simple and easy solution to all those who want to make movies quickly. Once you collect all your clips in the photo album, you are free to create animations and add elements to your story.
What’s More With MiniTool?
- The interface is pretty simple, to begin with where you can import your files. Now add titles, transitions, or effects without having any real experience of movie making before.
- Fan of Hollywood style trailers? Again this movie maker is yours by choosing a template and create something exciting.
- Studio quality titles, perfect aesthetic senses, and trimming or splitting videos are just perfect for you to make movies.
2. Movavi Video Editor
Just like Microsoft Windows movie maker, Movavi has one of the simplest user interfaces, a wide range of tools and support for most of the input and output media formats. Let’s understand the details below to figure out why Movavi is one of the best movie maker software.
What’s More With Movavi Video Editor?
- Vast editing tools include transition, callouts, stickers, animations, sound adjustment, panning or zooming, etc.
- This tool allows you to capture audio or video from multiple sources like webcams, HD camcorders, TV tuners, etc.
- Interestingly, it can support 4K video quality, which is indeed huge support for those who believe in quality content on screen.
Price: $28.39 per month
3. Microsoft Windows Movie Maker
Microsoft is unbeatable when it comes to the best movie maker software for Windows 10. It is beautiful to view, edit photos and videos while allowing you to create different albums. Moreover, you can instantly make the remix of your video with fine-tune adjustments as and how required.
What’s More With Microsoft Windows?
- Add any music, filters, texts, and effects to make the video look exciting and expressive.
- 3D effects like running fireball, lightning, and a swarm of butterflies could be added for more excitement.
- Moreover, you can remix your video and audio to change the pace, style, and music. Cool, right?
Also Read: How to Download Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10
Making movies is a process simpler than ever with this movie maker on Windows 10. OpenShot is pretty simple to look at as well as to use yet very powerful. Video effects in OpenShot are immense, like removing background from video, inverting the colors, or adjusting the brightness.
What’s More With OpenShot?
- It is a cross-platform video editor. Hence, if the work was started in Windows, it could later be finished on Mac or Linux.
- Render beautiful 3D animations for titles, effects like flying text, lens flares, etc.
- The power of time lies in your hands. Control the video speed, reverse or slow down anywhere. In fact, you can add on the preset for further animation.
Also Read: 6 Best Free Windows Movie Maker Alternatives You Must Try
Known for a complete video creation package, Lightworks is a smart tool for film editing and has also been used in cinematic history earlier. Moreover, this is the best movie maker software as it allows you to make from simple social media videos, YouTube videos to 4K film projects. You do not want to say no to 720p resolution right coming out from the software.
What’s More With Lightworks?
- Editing timeline and trimming them is one of the simplest things to do on Lightworks.
- You can access royalty-free music and video content straight from the software itself.
- It supports a wide range of file formats along with variable frame rate media.
Price: $24.99 per month
How about having a free, open-source and cross-platform video editor on your PC which can support a wide range of formats? We believe there is a yes! And so why not when Shotcut can support resolution up to 4k and capable of capturing from SDI, HDMI, webcam, JACK and pulse audio. Moreover, it is codec independent and indeed, the best movie maker software.
What’s More With Shotcut?
- Hundreds of video filters like audio light visualization, blur, brightness, flip, glitch, text, HTML, etc. considering it the best movie maker software.
- Editing features like hiding, mute or track controls, append or insert in the timeline, unlimited undo, or redo are available.
- UI translations are available in so many languages, including Chinese, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, English, Thai, Turkish, or much more.
Also Read: 7 Best Video Editor Software For Windows
7. VSDC Videos Editor
Starting from the most simple interface, VSDC can build the movies of the most complex nature. It is a non-linear video editor, which says that elements can be placed in any position on the timeline without the need to have a linear sequence. Other parameters, positions, and shapes of objects can be changed at later stages. Almost all audio, video, or image formats are supported with this movie maker on Windows 10.
What’s More With VSDC Videos Editor?
- A number of visual or audio effects are present here based on the category of color correction, object transformation, object filters, transition effects, and special FX.
- Masking elements to hide, blur or highlight certain objects on the video are available.
- Easily export the movies to social networks like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, etc.
Price: $19.99 per month
Create unlimited videos and movies for your fans and post them on YouTube using Videopad. This movie maker for Windows 10 is fully featured with visual effects, transitions, and much more. In fact, you can burn movies to DVD and Blu-ray or export them to your portable devices.
What’s More With Videopad?
- Videopad is a simple tool that supports popular video formats seamlessly. Whether you capture videos using a camcorder, GoPro, or webcam, formats like avi, wmv, mp4, apng, mpeg, etc. are acceptable.
- More than 50 visual effects are present with this amazing movie maker software. Finally, you can export movies in resolutions like HD, 2K, and 4K.
- Smooth transition between the two clips is really important to avoid any breakages. Videopad surely does justice to the same!
Price: Starts from $39.95
Blender is an open-source 3D creation tool that is free to use and supports a variety of things like modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, composition, and motion tracking along with video editing. You would be surprised to know that Blender is a public project and developed by students, scientists, VFX experts, animators, game artists, modders, and many more.
Windows Movie Maker For Mac
What’s More With Blender?
- Numerous animated short films have been developed using Blender and they all possess great sound sync, story art, etc.
- This movie maker for Windows 10 can combine 2D and 3D right in the viewpoint. There is full support to animation with Onion skinning.
- You can use multiple add-ons created by the community to make the movie-making experience better.
Price: $17 per month
Last but never least, Avidemux is an absolutely free video editor for everyone, especially beginners. This tool is designed for simple cutting, filtering, and encoding tasks with utmost support to multiple file types like AVI, MP4, ASF, MPEG, etc.
What’s More With Avidemux?
- It is a cross-platform and non-linear video editing tool that supports many codecs and files.
- Filtering options like auto-resize, gauss smoothing, chroma shifts, black borders, etc. are available.
Microsoft Windows Movie Maker Free Download
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I get Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10?
Absolutely, Yes! As the name suggests itself, Windows Movie Maker is made for Windows users and can be used by them to create amazing movies, videos, films, and more. Download it from microsoft.com, and you are ready to go. Moreover, Windows Movie Maker is absolutely free of cost.
Q2. What is the best free Movie Maker for Windows 10?
There are many free movie makers for Windows 10. Amongst them, Windows Movie Maker is the best one to go for. Apart from that, Windows Movie Maker, OpenShot, and Avidemux can be considered as trustworthy and amazing movie maker software for Windows 10.
Q3. What is a good replacement for Windows Movie Maker?
Various replacements for Windows Movie Maker are here to note for. We recommend MiniTool movie maker or Movavi video editor as a good replacement.
Now when you have a list of best movie maker software for Windows 10, you just need to pick the right one for yourself. From Movavi video editor to Windows Movie Maker, OpenShot to VSDC video editor, every option is unique in its sense.
Which one did you pick? Tell us in the comment section below! With that, also follow us on Facebook and YouTube for the coolest tech-updates.
Windows Movie maker is one of the oldest and amazing tools to edit videos on Windows, it has been preinstalled in the Windows operating system since Windows XP days and this free tool let you edit your videos in the perfect way possible. Unfortunately, Microsoft has never released Windows Movie Maker for Mac OS X. Fortunately, there are plenty of third party applications available in the Mac Store. Here I'd like to recommend you the best alternative to Windows Movie Maker for Mac (macOS 10.13 High Sierra included) - Filmora Video Editor.
Part 1. The Best Windows Movie Maker for Mac Alternative
Fimlora Video Editor is amazing software which will let you edit videos on Mac (macOS 10.13) and it works just like Windows movie maker, but with even more features. From basic level video editing tool to superb effects, this software gives everything you need for making a standout video. The most prominent feature of Filmora Video Editor is that it will cleverly detect the different video scenes in your video and will split them according to their needs. Moreover, there are hundreds of animations and to PIP effects, intros to credits, text to sound clips, you can edit your videos in whatever way you want.
Key Features of Windows Movie Maker for Mac Alternative
*Basic Editing tools: Just like any other video editors, it already has every basic level editing tool which you need such as video rotating, adjusting contrast, brightness, hues and speed of the videos. There are other tools which can be used to crop videos, trim them, voice over, taking screenshots of the videos. You can also apply the tilt shift to make one part prominent and blurring the rest of screen in the video. Similarly, another tool is to apply mosaic which will blur out the specific area while the whole screen will be normal. From basic editing tools, you can also make a face off to replace a face of the person in the video. It can also be used to make slow motion or hyper lapse videos.
*Adding Text in a Video: Filmora Video Editor will also let you add text to the videos from a list of different fonts and styles. You can even customize the style of the text and apply it as animation on your video. It has a pretty lengthy list of fonts and the best part is that there are some preset styles available in the iSkysoft Editor, if you want to save the time, you can apply one of them.
*Adding Different Effects to the Video: You can't only apply effects to the whole video but different effects can be applied to different portions of the video and there are more than hundred effects already pre-downloaded in the Filmora Video Editor, however, you can download even more from the server by clicking on download button. These effects will make your video unique which no other software have.
*Picture in Picture Effects: Just like text, you can add Picture in Picture effects on your videos which will make your videos even more beautiful. There are many different pre-loaded images in the Filmora Video Editor and you can download an extra pack within the software.
*Transitions and Intro/Credits: Just like Movie maker, there are different transitions available, so, if you are trying to join two different videos, introduction of a suitable transition will make your video perfect. Similarly, there is an option to add introduction and credits for the video.
*Sharing the Final Video: Once the video has been edited, save the video on your Mac in an appropriate video format for your iPhone or upload directly to the 'YouTube' or 'Vimeo'. Another distinguished feature is that you can upload videos directly to the famous social networking website 'Facebook' or can burn them directly on a 'DVD'.
Windows Movie Maker Free Download For Laptop
Part 2. How to Use Windows Movie Maker Alternative for Mac?
Step 1. Installing and Running the Software
Filmora Video Editor comes in two versions, one which is a trial version with limited options, however, the Full version will cost you $44.95. Download and install the latest version of Filmora Video Editor on your Mac. Download the version from the link give below. After downloading, copy it to the 'Applications'. After successful installation, open the Filmora Video Editor and you will be asked to select for 'Wide Screen' or 'Standard'. Once you have set the version, you will be shown the main screen of the Filmora Video Editor.
Windows Movie Maker Free Download For Mac Os
Step 2. Starting a New Project
Starting a new project on Filmora Video Editor is pretty much simple. all you have to do is import the video files, audio files or images and start the project. Click on the 'Import Media' to import any kind of media files. It will open the explorer from which you import your files, select the files that you want to import and click on 'Load' to import the video file.
Once the files have been successfully imported, you can move the files to the editing area to start the editing process. Simply click and hold and move the cursor to editing area.
Step 3. Editing Video
There are different tools to edit the video from the basic level editing to the professional level editing. The basic level editing tools include the crop, delete, and voice over, rotation changer, power tools to adjust brightness and contrast ratio of the video.
You can also add text from a variety of text styles already present in the software, simply click on the 'Text' button in the left panel as shown in the screenshot. Some styles are pre-embedded, however, for others you can click on 'Download' button to download them. Drag the style in the editing area of the video to apply that style.
To apply different filters on the video, click on 'Filter' button just below the text. Drag that specific filter to the editing area to apply on a specific point on the video.Similarly, you can add picture in picture effect by clicking on the button just below the 'Filters' and there are plenty of 'Transitions' available to apply on the video.
Step 4. Export the video
Once you have edited the video, you can export the videos by clicking on the 'Export' Button just below the preview of video. Here, you will be find different options to select from, you can either click on 'Create' to save the videos or select a social media to upload the video.
Part 3. Comparison of Windows Movie Maker and Filmora Video Editor:
Windows Movie Maker Free Download For Mac Windows 7
Filmora Video Editor
Windows Movie Maker
|1.||User-interface is very neat, easy to use, works pretty well whether you are an entry level video editor or a professional||Interface is clean but isn't as easy to use as it seems. Very limitation and doesn't work well if you are professional editor.|
|2.||Preset Text Style, One click handling||There are no preset text style, you will have to do all the work manually.|
|3.||A vast variety of animations and without time limit for animation||Only few animations available and it can be set only for a second or two|
|4.||Can apply Visual Animations to a specific portion or the whole video. Apply different animations on the different portions of the same video.||Only one animation is applied at one time and it will be automatically applied to the whole video. No option to set.|
|5.||Save videos on DVD to watch them on TV||Won't let you save videos on DVD|