Is it possible to install Sony Vegas on my Mac? There is no doubt that Sony Vegas is one of the best video editing software for Windows. However, Sony Vegas is only for Windows PC. If you've used it, you may ask for a Sony Vegas Mac version. Unfortunately, there is no Sony Vegas Mac version as all. In this case, you have to look for a Sony Vegas for Mac alternative. Here is the best solution for you.
- Sony Video Editing Software Mac
- Sony Vegas Pro Free Download For Mac
- Sony Vegas Pro 17 Free Download For Mac
Best Alternative to Sony Vegas for Mac (macOS 10.13) - Filmora Video Editor
This video editor is the perfect analog of Adobe Premiere because of the similar interface and working principle, but as a Sony Vegas Pro free alternative, it is just as good. View more video editing softwares. FREE Color Grading LUTs for Vegas Pro. Download these universal free LUTs for making fast and professional video color correction.
- Runs on: MAC 68k,Mac OS 9,Mac OS X,Mac OS X 10.1,Mac OS X 10.2,Mac OS X 10.3,Mac OS X 10.4,Mac OS X 10.5,Mac OSX10.6,Mac OSX10.7,Mac Other Bigasoft Video Downloader Pro for Mac v.22.214.171.12404 Bigasoft Video Downloader Pro for Mac supports to download and convert online videos to MP4, MP3, MOV, WAV, DV, MPG, VOB, WMV, FLV, WebM, H.264 and etc for.
- Sony vegas mac free download - Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum (32 bit), Sony Movie Studio 13 (32 bit), Free Sony Vegas Pro Shortcuts, and many more programs.
My recommendation for the Sony Vegas alternative Mac version is Filmora Video Editor for Mac. It's suitable for video editing beginners and professionals. It has a standard model, which is for beginners. Users just import video, add transitions, apply basic editing, and export the video. As for professionals, try the 'Advanced Mode.' It comes with lots of visual effects, transition, title templates, video and DVD production options, and all basic video editing tools.
Why Choose Filmora Video Editor
- It's easy for beginners to get started, but is also advanced enough for professional to control every aspect of video editing.
- You can import almost popular video, photos, and audio from cameras, camcorder, mobile devices, and more.
- It is best for audio/video adjustment, adding special effects, including transitions, titles, motion graphics, etc.
- You can easily share your edited video to YouTube, Facebook, transfer to devices, or burn to DVD.
Note: Never worry about the incompatibility issue. Filmora Video Editor is always updated to support the latest Mac OS X. It is fully compatible with macOS High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, and Yosemite.
How to Use Sony Vegas Mac (High Sierra) Replacement
As the best alternative to Sony Vegas for Mac (macOS 10.13 High Sierra), Filmora Video Editor is easy to get started. The video editing tools are at your fingertips. Learn more about it.
Step 1: Intuitive Interface and Live Video Editing
As shown below, Filmora Video Editor is designed with a concise user interface. An intuitive storyboard locates at the bottom for you to easily organize, sync, and edit video and audio at ultra-fast speed. Dragging and dropping is the main way of editing. Drag and drop to import, move, arrange; drag and drop a song from iTunes to create a soundtrack, drag and drop a transition, etc. Video editing can't be much easier.
Step 2: Visual Effect Ready-made to Impress
An extensive list of video editing tools are provided, including crop, rotate, effect, split, merge, trim, etc. Lots of visual effects and enhancement tools can be easily applied and previewed in side-by-side windows. It's the modern way to enhance your video instantly.
Step 3: Share Video on iPad/iPhone/iPod and Anywhere
Video is made for sharing. It's a good idea to show off your movie by uploading it to YouTube. The preset profiles make it easy to export edited videos to all popular devices to enjoy on the go. iPad, iPhone, and iPod are fully supported, and other devices like PSP, Creative Zen Player, Zune Player, etc. Own a website? HTML 5 is the perfect way to embed video in your pages since all mainstream browsers now are compatible with HTML 5. Other common video formats are in the output list, too.
Related Articles & Tips
Sony Video Editing Software Mac
VEGAS Pro 16 offers the exact software version you need. All VEGAS Pro versions have one thing in common and that's that they offer incredible performance for the highest demands in video editing. Learn about the most important features in each version to find which one is right for you. New features include advanced archival tools, sophisticated audio metering, and the Vegas Pro Connect mobile iPad companion app.
Precise editing tools
Edit SD, HD, or 3D video with drag-and-drop functionality, extensive editing tools, and incomparable video effects. Features include stereoscopic 3D support, multicamera editing, 32-bit floating-point video processing, video stabilization, customizable window layouts, HDV/ AVCHD/ RED/ SDI/ XDCAM/ HDCAM SR support, and A/V synchronization detection and repair.
GPU Accelerated Performance
Working with OpenCL supported devices from AMD and NVIDIA, Vegas Pro 11 leverages GPU acceleration for video FX, transitions, compositing, pan/crop, track motion and encoding, providing a significantly faster workflow. The addition of GPU acceleration streamlines the video editing experience in Vegas Po 11 by providing playback performance gains and faster rendering times, ideal for industry professionals who work on tight deadlines where every second counts.
Stereoscopic 3D editing
Create breathtaking stereoscopic 3D projects with the same ease and agility as the Vegas Pro 2D workflow. Vegas Pro 11 provides the ability to easily import, adjust, edit, preview, and output stereoscopic 3D media — all using industry-standard professional delivery formats including single or dual files with side-by-side, top/bottom, or line-alternate encoding. Anaglyphic monitoring and output are also supported.
NewBlue Titler Pro
Create 3D titles with Titler Pro, an exceptional new titler from NewBlueFX. Titler Pro enables users to add animations, professional-style templates, and effects to their titles. Work in real-time with GPU-accelerated effects and transitions and easily move text on the X, Y, and Z axes, all within the Vegas Pro workspace. Titler Pro is the perfect addition to the stereoscopic 3D toolset.
Superior audio control
Access unlimited audio tracks, 24-bit/192 kHz audio, punch-in recording, 5.1 surround mixing, effects automation, and time compress/expand, while applying customizable, real-time audio effects like EQ, Reverb, Delay, and more. Expand your audio processing and mixing options with supported third-party VST audio plug-ins. Use the Mixing Console for precise audio control.
Powerful Blu-ray Disc authoring
Burn movies to Blu-ray Disc directly from the Vegas Pro 11 timeline for high-definition delivery. Use DVD Architect Pro software (included with the Vegas Pro 11 collection) to author DVDs or Blu-ray Discs with subtitles, multiple languages, and numerous playback menus. Preview and test your work in real time. Apply Brightness and Contrast, Crop, and Anti-Flicker filters. Add high-quality preset backgrounds and themes to add life to any project. Set CSS and Macrovision copy-protection flags for masters.
Professional 32- and 64-bit workflow
The Vegas Pro interface provides a fully customizable workspace for accomplishing a wide range of production requirements. Dock multiple windows across multiple monitors and save your layouts to fit specific editing tasks. Nest Vegas Pro projects within the timeline, customize and save keyboard commands, and use application scripting to automate repetitive tasks.
Broad format support
Vegas Pro software natively supports the newest professional camcorder formats including XDCAM, NXCAM, AVCHD, and RED. Vegas Pro 11 software also includes support for still images greater than one gigapixel in resolution. Use the Pan and Scan tools to create stunning movie sequences from these large pictures while maintaining beautiful HD resolution.
Accelerate Your Creativity
- VEGAS Pro 16 comes loaded with powerful new video editing features to help you work faster, smarter, and more creatively. The new version delivers on every level, with more flexibility, more power, and more professional features.
Sony Vegas Pro Free Download For Mac
- Sophisticated and flexible masking technology coupled with rock-solid motion tracking give you the ability to follow moving objects through your scene. You can easily track their motion and 'pin' text and video to them. You can also apply color grading and other creative effects that follow tracked objects wherever they go. Integrated motion tracking developed by the VEGAS team specifically for VEGAS Pro provides lock-tight tracking results.
- Turn shaky footage into smooth, pro-quality video in no time. The video stabilization engine has been completely rebuilt from the ground up to be far more powerful and easy to use. Get smooth results every time even on source material that was unusable before.
Dynamic storyboard and timeline interaction
- The dynamic storyboard workflow might just change the way you edit from now on. Quickly assemble rough cuts and alternate versions in an uncomplicated storyboard environment. Changes made to the main storyboard are reflected instantaneously in the timeline. In reverse, edits on the timeline can be synchronized to the storyboard with one click, or automatically as you edit. You can also create additional storyboards for experimental edits, alternate sequencing, or to keep track of different sections within your video.
Extensive file backup options
- VEGAS Pro 16 features a comprehensive list of file backup options. You can back up your work after a set time (determined in minutes and hours) and keep any number of daily backups. You can automatically save the current project and a backup file after every edit. All backups can be saved to the same folder as the project file, a temporary location, or any user-specified location, and opened anytime you want to return to them.
Drag media bin to timeline
- Save time! Files don't need to be added one by one anymore. You can now drag media bins (which also include the new storyboard bins) directly to the project timeline to add all of the bin's media files simultaneously.
Sony Vegas Pro 17 Free Download For Mac
Resizable media thumbnails
- Project media thumbnails can now be enlarged so you can see more detail and achieve greater hover scrub accuracy. You now see a more accurate location of specific video frames and can edit with much finer hover scrubbing and more exact in/out marking.
Project media hover scrub
- Hover scrubbing project media thumbnails gives you a quick way to identify the important points in your video files before you add them to your timeline. Simply move the mouse over a thumbnail in the Project Media window and scrub through the video to find a specific frame.
Project media in/out points
- With the ability to place the hover scrub cursor at an exact frame within the Project Media thumbnail, you can now create an In or Out point at that location. When the file is added to the project, the resulting event will then automatically be trimmed down to these defined in/out points. You can set in and out points for any type of media file in your project.
Preview multiple selected project media files
- It's now possible to select more than one media file in the Project Media window and preview each file, one after the other, in one continuous operation. This is great when you are working with storyboards because you will quickly be able to preview the entire storyboard in sequence.
- Now you can easily and automatically close the gaps between any selected events on a track within a project. This helps you quickly clean up your projects and ensures you have no black frames between edits.
Select events from cursor
- You can now select events from the current cursor position, including all events on selected tracks or within the entire project from the cursor to the end. It's a great way to quickly create space within a project to insert other events.
Donwload links for previous versions:
- Operating system: Microsoft® Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: 2.5 GHz 4-core processor (3 Ghz and 8 cores recommended for 4K)
- RAM: 8 GB RAM minimum (16 GB recommended; 32 GB recommended for 4K)
- Hard drive space: 1.5 GB hard-disk space for program installation; Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed multi-disk RAID for 4K media
- Graphics card: Supported NVIDIA®: For hardware rendering (NVEnc), GeForce 9XX series or higher with 4 GB; AMD/ATI®: Radeon with 4 GB and VCE 3.0 or higher (Radeon Pro series with 8 GB for HDR and 32 bit projects) or Intel®: GPU HD Graphics 530 series or higher
- Other: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 SP1 (included on application disc)
- Internet connection: Required for registering and validating the program, as well as for some program functions. Program requires one-time registration.
Software similar to Sony Vegas Pro 7
- 54 votesFree and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Download and start streaming quickly and easily on Windows, Mac or Linux.
- 33 votesDesigned to be intuitive, VideoPad is a fully featured video editor for creating professional quality videos in minutes. Making movies has never been easier.
- 676 votesGoPro Studio software makes it easy to import and view your GoPro media and create professional-quality videos.