- Download SPSS 22 for Mac. Fast downloads of the latest free software!
- Aug 05, 2020 The bundle id for SPSS for Mac is com.ibm.SPSS.Statistics. SPSS for Mac is sometimes distributed under different names, such as 'SPSS Installer', 'SPSS16', 'SPSS 11'. Our built-in antivirus scanned this Mac download and rated it as 100% safe. The most popular versions of the application are 22.0, 21.0 and 20.0. This Mac app is a product of IBM.
This page provides instructions on how to install IBM SPSS Statistics on a computer running Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), or Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra).
This is a guide that shows how to download, install and license SPSS Statistics 23 on a private Mac. On client (hosted) Mac computers, please use Managed Software Center.
- Install the IBM SPSS Statistics file you downloaded from software.usc.edu/spss.
- Double-click the SPSS Statistics Installer icon on your desktop.
- You may need to authorize the installer. Enter your computer’s login name and password and then click Install Helper to authorize the installer.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics screen, click OK.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Introduction screen, click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Software License Agreement screen, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Install Python Essentials screen, under Install IBM SPSS Statistics – Essentials for Python, select Yes. Click Next to continue to the next screen.
- The following license agreement screen will appear. Select I accept these terms of the License Agreement and click Next to continue with the installation.
- The IBM SPSS Statistics – License Agreement for Essentials for Python screen will appear , select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next to continue the installation.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Choose Install Folder screen, choose the location where you would like to install SPSS. Click Next.
- On the IBM SPSS Statistics – Pre-Installation Summary screen, click Install.
- SPSS will now install. This process takes approximately 2-5 minutes.
- The IBM SPSS Statistics – Install Complete screen will appear, click Done to finish the installation process and launch IBM SPSS Statistics.
- When you launch IBM SPSS Statistics for the first time, you will see the following screen. Click License Product to enter the license key you received from ITS and authorize your copy of IBM SPSS Statistics. NOTE: You must be connected to the Internet to successfully complete the authorization process.
- The License Status screen will appear. Click Next.
- On the Product Authorization screen, choose Authorized user license (I purchased a single copy of the product). and then click Next.
- On the Enter Codes screen, enter your authorization code. When purchased your software from ITS, you should have received an email with this authorization code.
- Once the authorization process is complete on the Internet Authorization Status screen, click Next.
- On the Licensing Completed screen, click Finish to complete the installation.
NOTE: ITS suggests you open IBM SPSS Statistics once the installation and authorization has finished to ensure that the software has installed correctly.
Recently, I have had a few customers contact me saying that IBM SPSS Statistics 24 will not install on their computer. (Here at Studica, we provide faculty and student discounts on IBM SPSS academic products.) Generally, what users experience is that they can download the installer perfectly fine, but when they attempt to run it, their computer does absolutely nothing. No prompts come up, no installation windows, nothing. I have only seen this issue occur on Mac OS X systems. In this post, I’ll talk about the reasons why this happens and how to fix the issue. The IBM SPSS Student Support Portal is also available for your Statistics questions.
Why Won’t IBM SPSS Statistics 24 Install on my Mac?
On OS X, users will contact me and say that they downloaded the installer and opened it up. A prompt shows up asking to input their username and password. They put in their credentials and press OK and then their computer sits there and nothing else happens. Every time I have seen this issue, it has been resolved by simply updating OS X to a newer version. Why? Usually, the user has an older version of OS X, such as 10.9.X, which is not compatible with SPSS Statistics 24. It might have worked for version 23, but 24 does not install on 10.9. I recommend the user go to the top-left of their computer, click on the Apple icon and choose “About this Mac” to see what version of OS X they have. If you want to verify that your version of OS X is compatible with the version of SPSS Statistics that you have, then refer to IBM’s OS X System Requirements page.
OS X Compatibility with IBM SPSS Statistics:
Here’s the general breakdown of which system is compatible with which version of IBM SPSS Statistics:
|OS X 10.6.X|
OS X 10.7.X
|OS X 10.8.X:||Statistics 20|
|OS X 10.9.X||Statistics 22|
|OS X 10.10.X||Statistics 22|
(requires fix pack 2 installation)
|OS X 10.11.X||Statistics 23|
|OS X 10.12.X||Statistics 24|
If you are having the issue outlined above, then double-check your version of OS X and make sure it is compatible with your version of Statistics. If it is not compatible, then your best solution is to update your OS X system to something newer. If you purchase from Studica, make sure your machine can run version 24 because we no longer sell version 23.
How to Install a Fix
If you are sure that your OS X is compatible with the version of your product, then you might need to install a fix pack for your product. You can find fix packs for your product using this site. Choose the “Downloads(Fixes & PTFs)” link on that page and select your product from the drop down list and your operating system.
When you hit “Continue”, you’ll be given a list of fix packs for the product. You can select the ones you want to download and click “Continue”.
You must sign into your IBM account to download the pack. If you don’t have an IBM account, you can create one. Once the pack is downloaded, you simply install it and it should resolve the installation issue. It’s worth noting that newer fix packs contain everything from the older fix packs. If you download a Fix Pack 2 for a product, then it will also contain everything from Fix Pack 1. This means that you don’t have to download multiple Fix Packs. Simply download the newest one.
How To Download Spss On Mac
This is a relatively common error that users run into. In general, the best way to fix it is to verify that your OS is compatible with the version of your product. If it isn’t, then update your OS. If it is, then try downloading and installing a Fix Pack for your product. In general, it’s recommended to stay up-to-date with fix packs because they often resolve a number of other bugs and issues that users sometimes run into.
Download Spss Program
Blogger: Mark Philipp, Application Engineer at Studica