Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player Toggle navigation. Team & Organisation. Version 3.0.11. Windows. 38 MB. Simple, fast and powerful. Simple, fast and powerful. Get VLC for Mac OS X. Get VLC for iOS. Get VLC for Apple TV. VLC Media Player is often seen on Windows Operating System. This version named VLC for Mac can run on Mac OS X and is endowed with the same functions as on Windows. It one of the best free, open source video players available for Mac devices. Key Features As already mentionned above, this VLC is especially conceived for Macs.
- Download Vlc Player Latest Version For Pc
- Download Vlc Player Latest Version For Mac Os
- Download Vlc For Mac
- Vlc Player Download
The most popular cross-platform multimedia player used by almost everyone. When boredom strikes, all we need is a media player to stream our multimedia whenever and wherever we want. VLC media player eases the work for us. It provides us with advanced features to enhance our experience with the multimedia files. Most of us have come across this media player at least once while playing our media files on computers or smartphones.
If you have absolutely no idea about what VLC media player is and how it should be used, you are in the right place! Let us know more about the VLC media player.
What is a VLC media player?
As the name suggests, the VLC media player is an open-source media player to stream different types of media files such as audio and video. The VLC media player is available for both computers and mobile platforms such as android, windows, iOS, and many more.
The VLC media player also supports compression methods for audio and video. We all need a reliable app or software to play our multimedia files, and the VLC media player is the best choice among all. The VLC player can stream media files over computer networks and can also compress them.
Advantages of VLC Media Player:
The VLC media player has many advantages. Some of them are listed below:
- Formats: The VLC player supports a wide range of file formats, which makes it more useful.
- Portability: When a DVD manufactured in another region is played on a media player in a different area, the format is not supported by the media players. Illegal DVD spoofing programs are required to play a DVD from other regions. However, VLC media player can even play DVD manufactured in different areas. If you are traveling to another country, you don’t need to install another player to play your media if you have the VLC media player.
- AirTunes: For Apple users, the AirTunes streaming feature allows the playing of media files on your home speakers.
- Effortless use: The VLC media player is light in size and is effortless to use along with the other apps. While playing the VLC media player on Windows or Mac, you will experience smooth multitasking.
- Convert: The most important feature that the VLC media player has is its ability to convert any file to a supported format. Mobile phones don’t support PDF file format of multimedia, using VLC media player, you can convert the PDF files into mp3 or mp4. MP3 and MP4 also occupy less space than PDF files.
- Screenshots: Another cool feature of the VLC player is, you can take screenshots while playing your media files.
- Record Videos: You can even record video while playing media files on your device. You can click on View>Advacned Control to get to the hidden Record button. Click on the button and stop it by clicking it again when you are finished with the recording.
- Subtitles: While playing a movie, you don’t always have the option of playing subtitles along with it. The VLC media player supports subtitles in your movies. You can download subtitle files from any website available online. Rename the subtitle file such that it matches that of the movie name. Play the file and right-click on the screen, go to subtitles and Bingo! Your subtitles get enabled.
- RAR files: You can play videos that are zipped inside a RAR file.
- Easy to use: The interface of the VLC player is user-friendly and easy to understand.
- Online Radio: You have numerous shortcuts to radio stations in the VLC media player. You can browse any radio station of your choice and enjoy the music.
- Drag and Drop: You can just drag a file and drop onto the icon of the VLC media player to play it. This feature is easy to use and is less time-consuming.
The VLC media player software is available freely for Mac systems. Let us know more about the VLC media player on Mac.
Suggested App – MX player Download
Requirements to Download VLC Media Player For MAC:
The versions Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later support VLC media player. The player runs on any 64 bit Intel-based Mac.
Steps to Download VLC Media Player For MAC:
With so many advantages of the VLC media player, let us know some steps of how we can download and install it on our devices.
Step 1: Download the VLC media player online for Mac OS X version from any third-party website.
Step 2: After you finish downloading the VLC media player, locate the downloaded file on your device.
Step 3: Open the file, and after some verification of contents, it gets open.
Step 4: Click and drag the icon of the VLC player onto the applications folder and release it.
Step 5: The VLC media player will get copied to your application folder.
Step 6: Double click on the orange-colored cone-like icon of the VLC player to open it.
Step 7: Grant the required permissions if your Mac asks for it.
Download Vlc Player Latest Version For Pc
Step 8: After the procedure, the VLC media player will get launched.
Step 9: Stream and use the media player with all ease.
The best thing about VLC media player is that it is absolutely free and can be used by anyone. Whenever you get stuck about the downloading or installation procedure of the VLC media player, you can refer to the information given above to get a clear idea.
Must Read: Apple Music Free Trial
Devices and Mac OS X version
VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any 64bit Intel-based Mac. Previous devices are supported by older releases.
Note that the first generation of Intel-based Macs equipped with Core Solo or Core Duo processors is no longer supported. Please use version 2.0.10 linked below.
Web browser plugin for Mac OS X
Support for NPAPI plugins was removed from all modern web browsers, so VLC's plugin is no longer maintained. The last version is 3.0.4 and can be found here. It will not receive any further updates.
Older versions of Mac OS X and VLC media player
We provide older releases for users who wish to deploy our software on legacy releases of Mac OS X. You can find recommendations for the respective operating system version below. Note that support ended for all releases listed below and hence they won't receive any further updates.
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Use VLC 2.2.8. Get it here.
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Use VLC 2.0.10. Get it for PowerPC or 32bit Intel.
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later is required
Use VLC 0.9.10. Get it for PowerPC or Intel.
Download Vlc Player Latest Version For Mac Os
Mac OS X 10.3 Panther
QuickTime 6.5.2 or later is required
Use VLC 0.8.6i. Get it for PowerPC.
Download Vlc For Mac
Vlc Player Download
Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
Use VLC 0.8.4a. Get it for PowerPC.
Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah and 10.1 Puma
Use VLC 0.7.0. Get it for PowerPC.