How To Download Shared Icloud Photos To Mac Articles - in 2020. See How To Download Shared Icloud Photos To Mac graphicsbut see alsoRed River College Future Student Login or Samstepleton. T the + button you on any and section it select. Sign in to iCloud to access your photos, videos, documents, notes, contacts, and more. Use your Apple ID or create a new account to start using Apple services. From there, click Options, and select the Photo Sharing check box. A quickie reminder: Turn on iCloud Photo Sharing on any other device you intend to use it with. This being a Mac, you have an alternative route for getting there. Open Photos Preferences, click the iCloud tab, and then select the iCloud Photo Sharing check box there as well. To make this work, begin by turning on iCloud Photo Sharing: On a Mac, open System Preferences iCloud, click the Options button next to Photos, select iCloud Photo Sharing, and click the Done button. On an iPad or iPhone, go to Settings Photos, scroll down if needed, and turn on the iCloud Photo Sharing (not iCloud Photo Library!) switch.
Did you know you can use iCloud to share photos from your Mac? What if your first child was born recently, and you want to share images of the adorable infant with everyone? It’s not practical to invite everyone over to your house to view albums (unless they’re all willing to take turns changing diapers). And emailing the pictures to your entire extended family isn’t practical, given your lack of sleep.
A better alternative may be iCloud Photo Sharing. Put simply, you create an album and invite family, friends — really anybody you choose — to view it, which they can do from another Mac, a PC, or an iOS device. Here’s how to proceed on your Mac:
- Open System Preferences, click iCloud, and select Photos. From there, click Options, and select the Photo Sharing check box. A quickie reminder: Turn on iCloud Photo Sharing on any other device you intend to use it with.
- This being a Mac, you have an alternative route for getting there. Open Photos Preferences, click the iCloud tab, and then select the iCloud Photo Sharing check box there as well.
Now that you’re all set up, here’s how to proceed:
- Choose the album, or batch of photos you want to share.
There is a sharing limit of 5000 photos and videos combined.
- Click the Share button. In the drop-down menu, click iCloud Photo Sharing, and then click + New Shared Album.
From this window, you can also add photos to already created Shared Albums.
- In the Shared Album Name field, type a name for the photo stream — your Adorable Kids or whatever seems apropos at the time.
- In the Invite People field, type the email addresses or the phone number they used in iMessages.
You can also click the circled + to add names from your contacts.
- Click Create to proceed or click Cancel if you change your mind.
Everyone you’ve invited receives an email and a notification to subscribe to the stream. The friends you’re inviting can subscribe to the new shared album. They must have an iCloud account to accept.
You can continue to manage the shared album after creating it. Click the Shared tab in Photos, choose the album in question, and then click the icon near the top of the screen that looks like a head in a small circle. From there, you can invite (or remove) people, select a Subscribers Can Post box, which lets the people you invite add their photos and videos, or select a Public website check box to let anyone view your shared album on iCloud.com.
How To Download Multiple Photos From Icloud
It’s a good idea to also select the Notifications box to see when your subscribers like, comment on, or add pics to the album.
It’s quite possible that somewhere down the road, you’ll decide to change your shared album. Here’s how:
- To delete photos from a shared album, click Shared in the toolbar, choose the specific album in which the doomed photos exist, select the photos marked for deletion, and either press Delete on the keyboard or chose Image ➪ Delete from Shared Album. The photos automatically disappear from everybody’s stream.
- To remove a subscriber, again click Shared, select the shared album in question, and click the People button on the toolbar. In the window, you see all the people who subscribe to the album. Select each person you’re going to drop from the stream, and click the down arrow next to the person’s name and choose Remove Subscribers from the resulting menu.
- To add new subscribers, type the invitee’s email address or iMessage phone number in the window just mentioned. He or she receives an email invitation to subscribe.
- To take down the public photo stream, uncheck the Public website box and the shared stream will be removed from the web.
Remember to click the Shared tab to monitor any activity involving pics that you share with others and that others share with you.
How to download pictures or photos from iCloud to Mac or Windows?
Probably every Mac user knows what the iCloud is. When you know how to use it properly it's an irreplaceable feature. However, lets describe it for a new Mac users, iCloud is an internet storage which saves your photos, videos, documents, music, apps and other your data. It not only stores them, but also shares information between your devices if you signed in a couple of them with the same Apple ID. With the help of iCloud you are able to share information not only between your devices, but also with your friends, by giving them some shared links.
There isn't a question how to store into iCloud, it's easy - just sign in with your device, but to download something from iCloud for some users is a problem. Especially, when we talk about photos, since it became a common question, we decided to show you step-by-step instructions on how to reach and download your photos stored in iCloud. Downloading photos from iCloud may become a problem not only for Mac users but to Windows users as well. This guide will show how to download photos for Windows user.
Table of Contents:
It is recommended to run a free scan with Malwarebytes - a tool to detect malware and fix computer errors. You will need to purchase the full version to remove infections and eliminate computer errors. Free trial available.
How to Download Photos from iCloud to Mac OS or Windows PC
If you have stored pictures or photos inside iCloud and decided that you need to have them in your computer or external drive? There is a pretty easy way to obtain them by signing in iCloud website with your Apple ID.
Launch your web browser and go to iCloud website, log in there with your Apple ID.
Click on the Photos icon from list. Select your appreciated photos by simple click on it or hold Command and select couple of them, once you have finished selecting click the download button located in top right and looks like a cloud with the arrow showing down.
After download your photos will appear in a download folder or anywhere you have declared in your browser preferences. This method works on any operating system including Mac OS, iOS, Windows, Android or Linux which is able to use web browsers.
How to download all pictures from iCloud?
How to download one or couple pictures we already know, but if you need all images in your computer you will probably wonder is there a way how to download all files faster.
Luckily there is:
- First you need to open Photos in iCloud website as listed above.
- Then choose All Photos album and scroll to very bottom of the All Photos album and click on the Select Photos button in the top of the iCloud Photos bar.
- Then hold down the shift button on your keyboard and click on the very last image in the all photos album, this should select every photo and iCloud Photos bar state the number of items selected.
- Next steps same like above, just click on the Download and confirm you want to download all the files and look for your download folder. Unfortunately, there aren't any buttons like select all or download all and you have to mark them manually.
Alternative download method to Windows PC
Icloud Shared Album Download All
Since iCloud is Apple production, windows computers doesn't have default software to reach it, but luckily Apple released a software for windows.
First you have to download and install the iCloud synchronization software, which you can download from Apple.
Launch iCloud Photos and select Download photos and videos in the file explorer navigation bar, then choose the date or years of images you prefer to download. iCloud will download your selected pictures to a specified folder which you find by a path PicturesiCloud PicturesDownloads.
This method helps a lot, when you intend to download all photos or pictures from iCloud to your Windows computer.